Definitions and interpretation
Data collectively all information that you submit to Freelance Chef Ltd in person or via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
Cookies a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and /or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the GDPR, Protection and any national implementing and supplementary laws, regulations and secondary legislation; Laws, GDPR the UK General Data Protection Regulation;
Freelance Chef Ltd, we or us
Freelance Chef Ltd, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 14404356 whose registered office is at 50 Houghton Lane, Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, CH65 7DY;
UK and EU
the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 & the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2018; User or you any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Freelance Chef Ltd and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Freelance Chef Ltd and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and Website
the website that you may use, https://freelancechef.ltd/, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Freelance Chef Ltd is the “data controller”. This means that Freelance Chef Ltd determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
5. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
b. company name;
d. bank details;
f. contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
g. demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
h. IP address (automatically collected);
i. web browser type and version (automatically collected);
j. operating system (automatically collected);
k. a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
How we collect Data
6. We collect Data in the following ways:
a. data is given to us by you; and
b. data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
7. Freelance Chef Ltd will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
a. when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
b. when you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services;
c. when you complete surveys that we use for research purposes (although you are not obliged to respond to them);
d. when you make payments to us, through the Website or otherwise;
e. when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
f. when you use our services;
Data that is collected automatically
8. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
a. we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
b. we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more
information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed “Cookies”.
a. internal record keeping;
b. improvement of our products / services;
When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
We may use your Data to show you Freelance Chef Ltd adverts and other content on other websites. If you do not want us to use your data to show you Freelance Chef Ltd adverts and other content on other websites, please turn off the relevant cookies (please refer to the section headed “Cookies” below).
Who we share Data with
We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
a. any of our group companies or affiliates – to ensure the proper administration of our website and business;
b. our employees, agents and/or professional advisors – to obtain advice from professional advisers;
c. relevant authorities – to facilitate the detection of crime or the collection of taxes or duties;
Keeping Data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
a. access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
b. we store your Data on secure servers.
We are certified to ISO 27001. This family of standards helps us manage your Data and keep it secure.
Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
Our use of Data
Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Services or Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes. Your rights
- You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
a. Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we
modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
b. Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
c. Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
d. Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which
we can use it.
e. Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
f. Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
- To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data
(where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address:
- If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able
to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s
Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
- It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes
during the period for which we hold it. Links to other websites
- Our Website may, from time to time, provide links to other websites. We have no control over such websites and are
Changes of business ownership and control
- Freelance Chef Ltd may, from time to time, expand or reduce our business and this may involve the sale and/or the
transfer of control of all or part of Freelance Chef Ltd. Data provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any part of
our business so transferred, be transferred along with that part and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
your experience of using the Website and to improve our range of services. Freelance Chef Ltd has carefully chosen
these Cookies and has taken steps to ensure that your privacy is protected and respected at all times.
- All Cookies used by our Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your
consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Freelance Chef Ltd to
provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however
certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
- Our Website may place the following Cookies:
Type of Cookie
Strictly necessary cookies
These are cookies that are required for the operation of
our website. They include, for example, cookies that
enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a
shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
They allow us to recognise and count the number of
visitors and to see how visitors move around our website
when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way
our website works, for example, by ensuring that users
are finding what they are looking for easily.
These are used to recognise you when you return to our
website. This enables us to personalise our content for
you, greet you by name and remember your preferences
(for example, your choice of language or region). By
using the Website, you agree to our placement of
These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages
you have visited and the links you have followed. We
will use this information to make our website and the
advertising displayed on it more relevant to your
interests. We may also share this information with third
parties for this purpose.
- You can find a list of Cookies that we use in the Cookies Schedule.
- We give you control over which Cookies we use. You can adjust your cookies preferences at any time at:
- You can also choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept
Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please see the help menu in your internet browser. You can switch
off Cookies at any time, however, you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however, you may lose any information that enables you to access the
Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance
provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will
also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
may be required by law. Any changes will be immediately posted on the Website and you are deemed to have accepted
You may contact Freelance Chef Ltd by email at email@example.com.